Quick, no-bake delicacies that will brighten up any festive party!
32 chocolate crème sandwich cookies
1 1/4 cups toasted California Walnuts - divided use
3/4 cup icing (powdered) sugar - divided use
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder - divided use
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1/3 cup brandy, coffee liqueur or rum
- In food processor, process cookies until fine crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts, 1/2 cup of the icing (powder) sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the coffee powder; process until well combined.
- Add corn syrup and gradually mix in brandy until thick paste forms; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine remaining sugar and coffee powder.
- Form walnut mixture into 1 inch balls; roll into sugar mixture.
- Store, loosely packed, between sheets of wax paper or foil in airtight container for up to two weeks.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Recipe provided courtesy California Walnuts.