These cupcakes with 'cobwebs' on the top make a perfect spooky treat for your favorite ghouls.
1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food or yellow cake mix
2 (2.1 ounces each) NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bar, chopped
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 small tube white decorator icing or gel
1 (1.38-ounce) package NESTLÉ GOOBERS Milk Chocolate-Covered Peanuts
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; add chopped Butterfinger to batter. Bake according to directions for 24 cupcakes. Cool completely. Frost cupcakes.
- Place morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut small corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of frosting.
- Using wooden pick or tip of knife, pull tip through chocolate from center to last circle to create a cobweb effect.
- Make 2 dots using decorator icing on each of 24 Goobers to resemble spider eyes. Place in center of each cobweb.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
Variation: Substitute vanilla frosting with chocolate frosting. Substitute melted chocolate morsels with 2 small tubes white decorator icing or gel.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.