Creamy Eggnog Cheesecake
Creamy, no-bake eggnog cheesecake with a nutmeg-scented graham cracker crust.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup eggnog
1 cup cold whipping cream, whipped
Additional ground nutmeg for garnish
- Mix together the cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the butter and nutmeg; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Cook on low heat 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved; stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add gelatin, then eggnog, beating well after each addition. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Gently fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; remove rim. Just before serving, sprinkle with additional ground nutmeg.
- Store in refrigerator.
Makes 8 servings.