Cut-Out Gelatin Candy
This homemade fruit-flavored, sugar-coated candy gelatin can be cut into squares or festive holiday shapes.
2 cups granulated sugar
2 pouches liquid fruit pectin
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/3 cups light corn syrup
1 envelope unsweetened fruit drink mix, any flavor
Additional sugar for rolling
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Measure sugar into a bowl; set aside.
- Stir fruit pectin, 2 tablespoons water and baking soda in 4-quart saucepan (mixture will foam slightly), and cook on high heat, stirring constantly, until foam has thinned. Remove from heat; stir in 2 cups sugar, corn syrup and drink mix.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat and boil 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir mixture until bubbles have thinned.
- Pour immediately into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until mixture is cool and firm, about 3 hours.
- Loosen edges with point of sharp knife. Invert pan onto wax paper which has been sprinkled with about 2 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle an additional 2 tablespoons sugar over top of candy.
- Cut into 1-inch squares or decorative shapes with small cookie cutters. Roll candy pieces to coat in sugar, shaking off excess.
- Let stand overnight, uncovered, at room temperature before wrapping or storing.
Makes 24 servings.