Decadent Holiday Chocolate Brownies
Decadently rich chocolate brownies are decoratively 'packaged' with a drizzle of contrasting white chocolate.
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
White chocolate for decoration
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat; stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add sugar and stir. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, salt and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 9x9x2-inch pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes. (Brownies are best if just underbaked). Cool before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Drizzle brownie squares with melted white chocolate to decorate.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.