Dipped Chips & Pretzels
Add a little flair to your favorite snacks. Chips and pretzels dipped into delicious chocolate are a delicious, and fun treat, anytime!
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
Rippled potato chips, pretzel twists and/or whole-wheat pretzel sticks
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet or Premier White Mini Morsel Toppers
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip chips and pretzels into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with Toppers. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperture. Potato chips are best when eaten within a few hours of preparation.
Makes 8 servings.
- Chips and pretzels may be dipped in any variety of melted morsels and sprinkled with either flavor of Toppers.
- Above recipe can easily be doubled, but we do not recommend microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of morsels at one time.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.