Easter Brownie Cupcakes
These cute cupcakes make a festive addition to an Easter dessert buffet.
1 (19.5-ounce) package chocolate brownie mix
36 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER NestEggs* - divided use
NESTLÉ CRUNCH NestEggs*
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
2 drops green food coloring
- Unwrap and chop 12 Nestlé NestEggs.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in chopped Nestlé NestEggs. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until edges are slightly firm and centers just begin to sink. Cool in muffin pans for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spoon a dollop of cream cheese mixture over tops of brownie cupcakes; smooth top.
- Combine coconut and food coloring in medium bowl; stir with fork to combine. Sprinkle coconut over cream cheese frosting. Top each with 1 unwrapped Nestlé NestEgg.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
*NESTLÉ Nesteggs are available March through mid-April.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.