Easter Vanilla Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Here is an easy recipe for transforming everyday cupcakes into festive, Easter fare.
1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow or white cake mix
12 NESTLÉ CRUNCH NestEggs* unwrapped
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8-ounce) package light cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons light cream or half-and-half (or milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
24 NESTLÉ CRUNCH NestEggs* wrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or paper-line 24 muffin cups.
- Coarsely chop 12 unwrapped Nestlé NestEggs.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions. Stir in chopped Nestlé NestEggs. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost evenly with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. Top each with 1 wrapped Nestlé NestEgg.
- For Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat cream cheese, butter, light cream and vanilla in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy, scraping bowl occasionally. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
*NESTLÉ Nesteggs are available March through mid-April.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.