This variation of the classic Italian dessert has just the right amount of eggnog flavor, assembles easily and is perfect for your holiday dessert table.
1 (2.8 to 3.1-ounce) package milk or dark chocolate mousse mix
1 cup prepared eggnog
1 (8-ounce) package mascarpone cheese or 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup espresso or 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 1 cup hot water, cooled to room temperature
1 to 2 tablespoons brandy
2 (3 to 3.5-ounce) packages ladyfingers - divided use
Shaved or grated chocolate
- Prepare mousse mix according to package directions using 1 cup eggnog instead of milk. Beat cheese into prepared mousse.
- Combine coffee and brandy in small bowl.
- Line bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish with half of ladyfingers; drizzle with half of coffee mixture.
- Spoon half of mousse mixture over ladyfingers; top with remaining ladyfingers.
- Drizzle with remaining coffee mixture. Spoon remaining mousse mixture over ladyfingers. Sprinkle with chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.