Festive Ice Cream Roll
This no-bake ice cream roll is as easy as it is good!
2 (1 pint) round containers vanilla ice cream
20 chocolate chip cookies (about 1/2 of a 1-pound package)
1 (8-ounce) container nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Carefully remove the packaging from ice cream, leaving ice cream in round shapes. Cut each round of ice cream crosswise into 6 slices. Quickly reassemble ice cream slices alternately with 13 of the cookies into 1 long roll on freezer-proof rectangular serving plate, placing 1 cookie in between ice cream slices and 1 cookie at each end of loaf. Freeze 1 hour.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the whipped topping for garnish. Mix remaining whipped topping with coconut, chocolate chips and food coloring (if desired); spread onto ice cream roll, completely covering ice cream with the whipped topping mixture.
- Attach 1 cookie to each end of the ice cream roll. Carefully cut 5 of the remaining cookies in half; arrange along sides of roll. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Decorate with reserved whipped topping and sprinkles.
- Cut crosswise to serve. Store in freezer.
Makes 16 servings.