Fiesta Baked Cheese Dip
This flavorful baked green chile, cheddar and cream cheese dip will turn any occasion into a fiesta.
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided use
1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 1/4 cups sour cream - divided use
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until softened. Reserve 1/4 cup shredded cheese for garnish. Add remaining shredded cheese, chiles, 1/2 cup of the sour cream and ground red pepper to cream cheese; mix well.
- Spoon into 10-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned around edge.
- Spread remaining 3/4 cup sour cream over baked cheese spread.
- Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 16 appetizer servings.