Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Popcorn Balls
Scare up some delicious fun with these orange-flavored Jack-O-lantern popcorn balls.
3 quarts popped popcorn
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons (1/2 of a 3-ounce box) orange gelatin dessert mix
Candy corn, jellybeans and sour green apple candy sticks, licorice string, dried fruit, etc.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows and gelatin dessert powder until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and press firmly to form into balls. Place balls on wax paper.
- Press candy decorations into balls to form eyes, a stem and a Jack-O-Lantern grin.
- Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap for storage. Add a ribbon tie to plastic wrap as a decorative closure.
Makes 8 (4-inch) popcorn balls..
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.