Holiday Pumpkin Chiffon Dream
This dream of a holiday dessert has a nut crust topped with a creamy chiffon-like pumpkin-orange filling.
1 1/2 cups finely ground pecans
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 large egg yolks
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine first 4 ingredients, and press mixture onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 12 minutes or until browned; cool.
- Sprinkle gelatin over orange juice in a medium saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Stir in condensed milk and next 3 ingredients. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in pumpkin; cool.
- Fold in whipped topping, and pour pumpkin mixture into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.