Holiday Creamy Mints
These creamy mints will make a lovely addition to your holiday candy platter.
4 ounces (1/2 of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
4 cups powdered sugar
Green and red food coloring
Green, red and white decorating icings
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, corn syrup and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
- Divide mixture into thirds.
- Knead a few drops green food coloring into one third of the mixture; repeat with the red food coloring into another third. Leave remaining third plain. Wrap each third in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Working with one color at a time, shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. Flatten each ball with bottom of glass lightly dipped in granulated sugar. Repeat with remaining mixtures.
- Decorate with icings, as desired; let dry.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Makes about 5 dozen candies.