Holiday Cut-Out Brownies
These yummy holiday brownies can be cut-out to fit whatever the special occasion may be.
4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 to 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and grease; set aside.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and butter on HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in granulated sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and nuts; mix well.
- Spread batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool in pan.
- Remove brownie from pan and cut into decorative shapes with holiday cookie cutters. Reserve the trimmings for snacking or another use.
- Sift powdered sugar over the cut-out brownies.
Makes 18 brownies.
Tip: Brownies can also simply be cut into squares, if desired.