Holiday Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Easily top these yummy milk chocolate-covered peanut butter bonbons with colored sprinkles to fit the holiday or special occasion.
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 (16-ounce) package confectioners' (powdered) sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 ounces milk chocolate coating
Candy sprinkles in desired holiday colors
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract in medium mixing bowl. Using a heavy duty mixer, or a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients into a smooth dough. Using two teaspoons of dough for each, shape the dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate coating according to package directions.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator. Stick a toothpick into a ball and carefully dip the ball into the chocolate coating, leaving the top one-fourth of the ball uncovered.
- Place on paper-line cookie sheet, remove pick and sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Continue procedure until all balls are coated. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
Makes 60 bon bons.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.