Holiday Wreath Ice Cream Cake
Shaped like a holiday wreath, this easy, no-bake ice cream cake will easily delight your children and guests during the holidays.
20 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies - divided use
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 1/2 cups nondairy whipped topping, thawed
Few drops green food coloring
1 (4.25-ounce) tube red decorating icing
20 cinnamon red hot candies
2 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Split 15 of the cookies; reserve the cookies halves with the filling.
- Crush the cookie halves without the filling and combine with sugar and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Coarsely chop remaining whole cookies and the reserved halves with filling.
- Stir chopped cookies into ice cream. Spread over crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To ready for serving, tint whipped topping with green food coloring to desired shade of green; spread or pipe into wreath design on top of cake.
- Decorate with red gel icing, cinnamon candies and colored sugar. Remove rim of pan just before serving.
- Store in the freezer.
Makes 15 servings.