Independence Day Blueberry Tart
Festive 'pastry stars' decorate the edge of this fresh blueberry and vanilla pudding tart.
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust (2-count)
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pint fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained thoroughly
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Unfold 1 pie crust and press into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom or 9-inch pie plate; trim. Using a fork, pierce sides and bottom of crust. Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, remove and unfold second pie crust. Using a 2 to 2 1/2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter cut out 10 to 12 stars. Place on an ungreased baking sheet about 1-inch apart. (If stars are warm, place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes before baking). Bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Carefully transfer stars to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, using a wire whisk, combine pudding, coconut milk and milk; let stand until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup blueberries in cooled pie crust. Spread thickened pudding mixture over blueberries; top with remaining 1 1/2 cup blueberries. Refrigerate until well-chilled, about 2 hours.
- Just before serving arrange stars around edge of tart at a slight angle.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.