Merry Cheese Wreath
A delicious appetizer cheese spread formed into the shape of a festive holiday wreath and garnished with red bell pepper and fresh parsley.
3 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup chopped pitted ripe olives
3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped red pepper
1 envelope dry ranch salad dressing mix
Additional chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Additonal finely chopped red pepper for garnish
Assorted crackers for accompaniment
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and shredded cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Place a drinking glass in the center of a serving platter. Drop spoonfuls of cheese mixture around the glass to form a ring; smooth with spatula. Remove glass.
- Garnish by gently pressing additional parsley onto the ring; then creating "ornaments" or a "bow" with the red peppers, if desired.
- Serve with cheese spread with assorted crackers.
Makes 30 servings.