Mini Spring Cheesecakes
You don't have to search the backyard for this hidden treasure. Sandwiched between mini graham cracker crusts and topped with chocolate Easter eggs, these personal size delights are a delicious addition to springtime festivities.
2 large eggs, separated
12 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 packages (4 ounces each, 12 crusts total) mini graham cracker crusts
1 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 any flavor NESTLÉ NestEggs, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Filling: Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in egg whites. Place crusts on baking sheets. Pour filling evenly into crusts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are set and centers are puffed. Cool for 5 minutes. While cooling, prepare topping.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl; mix well. Spread over tops of cheesecakes. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Garnish each cheesecake with a Nestegg.
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes.
Mix It Up:
- Lemon Cheesecakes - Stir 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel into cream cheese mixture.
- Chocolate Cheesecakes - Stir in 3 tablespoons NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Baking Cocoa into cream cheese mixture.
- Coffee Cheesecakes - Dissolve 1 tablespoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE 100% Pure Instant
- Coffee Granules in vanilla extract (filling part of recipe), then stir into cream cheese mixture.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 320 Calories from Fat: 150 Total Fat: 16 g Saturated Fat: 8 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 300 mg Carbohydrates: 37 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 27 g Protein: 7 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.