Noodle-Crusted Quiche Noel
A versatile and delicious noodle casserole, perfect for serving on Christmas Eve or morning.
8 large eggs - divided use
2 1/2 cups cooked egg or spinach noodles (about 5 ounces uncooked)
1 (2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
2 1/4 cups chopped sweet red and green peppers
3 tablespoons instant minced onion
1 cup chopped cooked ham
1/2 cups cottage cheese
3/4 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
Spinach leaves for garnish (optional)
- Evenly coat 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch baking dish with spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat 1 of the eggs. Stir in noodles until well combined.
- To form crust, spread noodle mixture over bottom and up sides of baking dish.
- Drain mushroom liquid into medium saucepan.
- Set mushrooms aside.
- Stir peppers and onion into mushroom liquid.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in reserved mushrooms and ham.
- Sprinkle over with noodle crust.
- In medium bowl or covered blender container, beat together or blend at medium speed remaining 7 eggs, cheese, basil and salt, if desired, until smooth.
- Pour over vegetable-ham mixture.
- Bake in preheated 375° F (190°C) oven until puffed in center and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with spinach leaves, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).