Peppermint Hot Cocoa Gifting Set
Give the gift of chocolate with this adorable gifting set. Dipped Peppermint Spoons, Dipped Peppermint Sticks and Rich Peppermint Sipping Cocoa Mix will serve as the perfect gift to make for someone, or keep for yourself, this holiday.
2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
20 hard peppermint candies, unwrapped and crushed into small pieces - divided use
8 plastic spoons (for dipping in chocolate)
8 peppermint candy sticks or candy canes, unwrapped
16 cellophane bags and twist ties or ribbons for wrapping dipped spoons and candy sticks
3 cups gifting jar with lid or 16-inch disposable plastic pastry bag with twist tie or ribbon for cocoa mix
- For Dipped Peppermint Spoons and Dipped Peppermint Stick: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave 1/2 cup semi-sweet morsels and vegetable shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10-to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip the end of each spoon and end of each candy stick in melted chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Place 1 tablespoon crushed peppermints in small bowl. Microwave 1/4 cup white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10-to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over ends of already dipped spoons. Dip spoons in crushed peppermints; return to baking sheet. Drizzle remaining melted morsels over ends of already dipped candy sticks. Let stand until set. Insert spoons and candy sticks into bags and secure with ties. Store at room temperature.
- For Rich Peppermint Sipping Cocoa Mix: Layer remaining 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet morsels, 3/4 cup white morsels and crushed peppermint candies in gifting jar or plastic pastry bag. Seal jar with lid or tie pastry bag closed with twist tie.
- Recipe to Attach: Combine entire contents of cocoa mix with one (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk and 1 1/2 cups water in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppermint candy is dissolved and chocolate is melted.
Makes 8 (4-ounce) servings.
- To crush peppermint candies, place unwrapped candies in heavy-duty plastic bag; seal. Crush using rolling pin or other heavy object.
- Rich Peppermint Sipping Cocoa Mix can be divided in half to make two mix gifts. Place mix in smaller jars with lids or two, 12-inch disposable plastic pastry bags. Recipe to attach would read as follows: Combine entire contents of cocoa mix with 2/3 cup (5-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk and 1 cup water in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until peppermint candy is dissolved and chocolate is melted. Makes 4 (4-ounce) servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.