Need a holiday dessert that's quick, easy and looks as great as it tastes? This peppermint cheesecake is that dessert.
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup finely crushed starlight mints - divided use
1 (6-ounce) graham cracker pie crust
1 cup thawed non-dairy whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed mints.
- Pour into crust; sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the crushed mints.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped topping and remaining 1/4 cup crushed mints just before serving.
Makes 8 servings.