Popcorn Party Cake
This fun, no-bake popcorn cake is a breeze to make and sure to please!
4 quarts plain popped popcorn
3/4 cup roasted peanuts
3/4 cup gum drops or gummi candies
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup small sugar-coated candies (M&M’s®, Smartees®, etc.)
- In a large bowl that has been sprayed with cooking spray, place popcorn, peanuts and gum drops; set aside.
- Lightly spray a Bundt® pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat butter, corn syrup and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn mixture and quickly stir to coat thoroughly.
- Add small candies and quickly stir just until evenly distributed.
- Spoon into Bundt® pan; gently pushing mixture into pan.
- Cover pan lightly and allow to cool at room temperature 4 hours or longer.
- Invert cake onto serving platter.
- Push lollipops into top of cake before serving.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Popcorn Board.