Red Velvet Cake Pops
Festively decorated cake pops are as much fun to make as they are to eat!
1 (15.25 to 16.5 ounce) box red velvet, devil’s food or your favorite cake mix
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Colored sprinkles and/or Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels for decorating (optional)
1 cup prepared cream cheese frosting
1 cup (6 ounces) Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
3 large eggs
24 to 32 ounces white or dark melting wafers or bark for coating
- Prepare cake mix using water, eggs and oil according to package directions.
- Bake cake according to package directions using a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Cool completely.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and 1 cup morsels; stir until texture is similar to cookie dough. Scoop mixture by slightly rounded tablespoon; roll into 1 ½-inch balls. Place on parchment paper-lined tray.
- Freeze for 15 to 30 minutes or until firm (not frozen) or cover and refrigerate for a few hours or until firm.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. If balls were in freezer, transfer to refrigerator.
- Remove a few balls at a time from refrigerator. Dip tip of 1 (4-inch) lollipop stick into melted coating and then insert halfway into a cake ball. Repeat with additional lollipop sticks and cake balls, transferring to refrigerator to set up for 5 minutes.
- Once set, remove a few balls at a time from refrigerator. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, gently tapping off excess. Place on parchment paper-lined tray or in plastic foam block or cake pop stand. Dust with sprinkles or sprinkle with mini morsels.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
Makes 50 cake pops
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 cake pop): Calories 171; 9.45g fat; 22.18g carbs; 1.77g protein; Total Fat 9.45g; Saturated Fat 6.83g; Cholesterol 11.16mg; Sodium 96.89mg; Carbohydrates 22.18g; Dietary Fiber 1.18g; Sugars 17.99g; Protein 1.77g.
Cook's Tip: If you have extra melted coating left over, drizzle over pops in a zigzag pattern to decorate.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.