'Santa's Whiskers' are thin, crispy cookies edged with coconut and studded with red and green candied cherries and pecans.
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon rum extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in milk and rum extract. Stir in flour, candied cherries and pecans until just mixed.
- Form into two (2 x 8-inch) rolls. Roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic or wax paper and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and place 1-inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until edges are golden.
Makes about 5 dozen.