Chocolate hearts and raspberry jam combine to make these tasty Valentine cookies. Perfect for surprising that special someone.
1 (13-ounce) package NESTLÉ CRUNCH Hearts*, unwrapped
NESTLÉ Milk Chocolate Hearts
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 tablespoon milk or water
- For Cookies: Beat butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour. Cover; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into tops to make 1/2-inch-deep depressions (dough will crack around edges). Fill each depression with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately press 1 Nestlé Heart into center of each cookie. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Glaze: Combine powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon butter and milk in small mixer bowl; whisk until smooth. Add more milk if needed. Drizzle over tops of cookies.
Makes 42 cookies.
*NESTLÉ Hearts are available mid-January through mid-February.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.