No special cookie cutters are needed to make these fun, festive snowmen cookies.
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Shape dough into an equal number of 1/2-inch and 1-inch diameter balls. Using 1 small and 1 large ball for each snowman, place balls, slightly overlapping, on ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in additional flour. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 19 to 21 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- Sprinkle each snowman with sifted powdered sugar and decorate as desired.
Makes about 20 cookies.