Spooky Graveyard Pie
Have fun with the kids creating this festive and spooky graveyard-inspired pie. A chocolate cookie crust is filled with a chocolatey pie mixture and topped with cookie crumb dirt, cookie headstones and creepy crawly gummies and bones.
3 cups (about 32) finely ground chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs - divided use
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
8 chocolate filled vanilla wafer cookies
Black and purple decorator writing gels
WONKA® Sluggles™ Gummies Candy, WONKA® SweeTARTS® Skull n’ Bones* or other assorted spooky Halloween candies
- Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and upsides of pie plate. Set aside remaining 1 1/2 cups crumbs for dirt topping.
- Whisk together evaporated milk, egg yolks and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs. Press crumbs down gently. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Decorate cookie tombstones as desired with writing gels. Insert tombstones around edge of pie.
- With spoon, mound cookie crumbs to form “fresh graves”.
- Decorate graves with candy to make the pie as spooky as you want it to be!
Makes 8 servings.
*Found in bags of WONKA® Halloween Assorted Candies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories: 560 Calories from Fat: 260 Total Fat: 29 g Saturated Fat: 16 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 350 mg Carbohydrates: 70 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 44 g Protein: 10 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.