Thanksgiving Cranberry Cobbler
An easy cobbler with the traditional fall flavors of apple and cranberry, a perfect dessert for Thanksgiving dinner.
1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
1 (16-ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine apple pie filling and cranberry sauce in ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Combine dry cake mix, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender; mix in nuts and sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture in pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.