Valentine Chocolate Crispy Treats
These classic cereal and marshmallow treats are easily turned into perfect Valentine's Day treats with chocolate hearts.
40 NESTLÉ CRUNCH or NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Hearts*, unwrapped - divided use
6 cups toasted rice cereal
3 tablespoons butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Set aside 20 Nestlé Hearts to use for garnish. Chop remaining Nestlé Hearts. Combine rice cereal and chopped Nestlé Hearts in large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in large bowl; add marshmallows. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add cereal and Nestlé Hearts mixture; stir until well coated. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan using buttered spatula. Immediately press reserved Nestlé Hearts into top.
- Let cool completely; cut into 20 squares.
Makes 20 squares.
*NESTLÉ Hearts are available mid-January through mid-February.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.