Very Merry Cookie Wreath
This recipe creates a life-sized chocolate chip cookie wreath. Everyone can get involved with decorating by adding frosting, candy and your choice of sweet confections. You’ve never had a center piece that tasted this great!
1 (16.5-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting
Green food coloring
14-x-17-inch piece of cardboard for base, covered in foil or parchment paper or large flat platter
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels (such as Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Premier White)
Assorted WONKA® Holiday Candies (WONKA® EVERLASTING COBSTOPPER® Snowballs, NERDS® or SPREE®)
Decorator sprinkles, candies and sugars
20-inch strip of strawberry fruit-flavored snack in 3-foot rolls
- Prepare cookies following package directions. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine frosting and food coloring in small bowl to shade of green desired.
- Spread heaping teaspoons of frosting on flat sides of cookies.
- Arrange 15 cookies on the base or platter in a 12-inch circle to form outer ring of wreath.
- Arrange 12 cookies inside the outer ring of cookies, forming inside ring of wreath. Adhered cookies can be moved to create more space.
- Arrange remaining 13 cookies on base ring for a second layer.
- Decorate with remaining frosting, morsels, candies, sprinkles and sugars as desired. Attach bow to top of wreath.
- To Make Bow: Cut four 5-inch strips from fruit snack roll. Peel off paper backing. Cut a small “V” on end of two strips. Form loops with remaining two strips; pinch ends together. Place loops on top of strips. Pinch all together to make bow.
Makes 20 servings.
- For easier decorating, 1 cup of icing can be spooned into resealable, heavy-duty plastic bag; seal. Cut small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to use. Fill with additional icing as needed. Store any leftover icing covered in refrigerator for up to 30 days.
- Cookies can also be made into a tree, initials or any other shape desired.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.