Matzo Drop Cookies
A chewy, honey-sweetened date cookie for Passover.
1 to 1 1/2 cups matzo meal
1 1/2 cups matzo farfel
1 1/2 cups chopped dried figs
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup honey
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
- Combine matzo meal, farfel, figs, walnuts, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine honey, oil and eggs.
- Beat honey mixture into dry ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 12 to 15 minutes.
Makes 4 dozen.
Recipe courtesy of the National Honey Board.