Double Whammy Taco Wraps
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.
1 (12-ounce) package soy meatless taco meat
1 (15-ounce) can black soy beans, drained and rinsed
1 package soy flour tortillas
1 small avocado, skinned, pitted and mashed
1 (12-ounce) container soy sour cream
1 (12-ounce) soy cheddar cheese alternative
1 large vine-ripened tomato, chopped
1 (10-ounce) package shredded lettuce
1 small bottle of hot sauce (optional)
- Place the taco meat and beans in a medium size frying pan. Using medium low heat, warm the mixture.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the mashed avocado and 1 tablespoon sour cream on a tortilla.
- Place 1/3 cup of the meat mixture onto the avocado and sour cream mix.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Add shredded lettuce and tomato. Sprinkle on hot sauce, if desired.
- Roll wrap by folding in the sides and then rolling up the tortilla from the bottom. Cut diagonally. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Soyfoods Council.