A homemade treat for you dog.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the first 4 ingredients. Stir in the carrots and spinach.
- Combine the egg, oil and water together and add to the flour mixture, mixing well.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape pieces of dough into 1 1/2-inch sized balls. Flatten, then poke hole in center, forming bagel-like shapes.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool on wire racks.