Amaretto Peach Pie
A spirited peach pie, spiked with amaretto, with a natural touch of honey and maple sweetness.
Pastry for (9-inch) two-crust pie
6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
1/8 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Prepare a two-crust pie pastry according to package directions ( or use own recipe). Place one half of dough across the bottom and over the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- For Filling: Layer 6 cups sliced peaches into the crust covered pie plate. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/8 cup honey, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/4 cup maple syrup until just melted and smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot powder, stirring until thickened.
- Add to the honey mixture 1/3 cup amaretto liqueur, 3 tablespoon flour, 3 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg. Pour over the peaches.
- With the remaining pie crust dough, cover the peaches. Seal the edges and cut small vent holes in the top crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 60 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and bubbling.
Makes 8 servings.