Apple Cherry Turnovers
Turn escalloped apples into an extra-fruity pastry with the addition of dried cherries. Wrap the fruit in delicate puff pastry sheets and bake until crisp.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen escalloped apples, defrosted according to package instructions
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/2 of a (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, defrosted according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine escalloped apples and dried cherries in small bowl. Unfold puff pastry sheet; cut into four equal squares.
- Spoon 1/4 apple mixture onto center of each square. For each turnover, fold one corner of dough over filling to form triangle; crimp edges of each turnover with fork to seal. Place turnovers on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired.
Makes 4 turnovers.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.