Apple Streusel Cream Pie
Here's how to turn a can of apple pie filling into a spectacular creamy apple pie with a crunchy streusel topping. This pie is even quicker and easier to assemble using a frozen, ready-to-use deep-dish pie crust.
1 (10-inch) deep dish unbaked pie crust
1 (21-ounce) can apple filling
1/2 cup butter - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup quick or old fashioned oats
- Place rack in lowest position in oven; preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Spoon apple filling into pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- In medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter in microwave oven on HIGH for 30 seconds. Add sweetened condensed milk, eggs, maple flavoring, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Pour over apple filling.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in remaining 1/4 cup butter until crumbly. Stir in oats. Sprinkle over pie.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (175°C). Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set in center. Cool. Serve warm. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Makes 8 servings.