Impress your dinner guests by serving homemade apricot pie for dessert. Make it easier on yourself by using store bought ready-to-use pie crusts.
Pastry for single crust 9-inch pie
1 (32-ounce) can apricot halves in syrup, drained
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pastry for a (9-inch) double crust pie
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Combine apricots, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice; set aside.
- Separate each pie crust to 1/8-inch thick; fit bottom shell into a 9-inch pie pan. Combine flour and sugar; sprinkle evenly over pie shell crustl.
- Arrange the apricots mixture on top; place the remaining pie crust on top; crimp and flute the edge. Cut steam vents; brush with butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bubbly and the crust is browned.
Makes 8 servings.