Banana Cream Pie
Cream cheese adds flavor and body to this yummy banana cream pie, perhaps the best you've ever eaten using a pudding mix.
1 (9-inch) baked pie crust
8 tablespoons (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups cold milk, plus 2 tablespoons
1 (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons milk and mix, scraping the sides of the bowl, until the cream cheese is creamy and lump-free. Add the remaining milk; mix well. Add the vanilla pudding mix and beat on the lowest speed for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the bananas and place in a single layer on the bottom of the cooled pastry shell.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the bananas. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Beat the cream together with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spread the whipped cream on top of the pie.
- Refrigerate 1 or more hours before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Adapted recipe and photograph courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.