Barnett's Apple Pie
Make canned apple pie filling better tasting by doctoring it up with concentrated apple juice.
1 (6-ounce) can frozen concentrated apple juice
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
Pastry for (9-inch) double-crust pie
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a saucepan, bring frozen concentrated apple juice to a boil. Add butter, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; blend well.
- Spoon the apple pie filling in a unbaked pie shell. Pour the heated apple juice mixture over the pie filling. Add 1 pie shell dough rolled to form a top crust, seal and flute the edge.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 375°F (190°C) and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack before serving.
Makes 8 servings.