A layer of sweetened cream cheese and a layer of chocolate pudding top a buttery pecan crust in this tasty treat.
1 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided use
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups (an 8-ounce container) frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed - divided use
3 (3.5-ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Stir in flour and 1 cup pecans. Continue stirring until a thick paste is formed with no flour lumps. Press into bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 cup whipped topping. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon into crust, then smooth with a spatula.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a mixing bowl and beat well. Pour over cream cheese layer and set aside to set.
- When chocolate layer is firm, spoon on remaining 2 cups whipped topping. Sprinkle with the rest of the pecans and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.