Cheese, Gelatin and Fruit Pie
A beautiful dessert made with gelatin, cream cheese and topped with maraschino cherries. Your guests will enjoy the cool citrus taste enhanced by a tender-crisp vanilla cookie crust.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45)
1 (7-gram) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, (about 2 lemons)
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, cut in cubes
1 (15.25-ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, blotted dry
1 (3-ounce) package gelatin mix, pineapple-flavored
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in cookie crumbs until well blended. Press crumbs onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve unflavored gelatin in lemon juice in small bowl. Place evaporated and condensed milks, cream cheese and dissolved gelatin in blender; blend until smooth. Pour mixture over crust; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Arrange peaches and cherries on chilled pie. Prepare pineapple gelatin as directed on package. To prevent fruit from floating, pour about 1/4 inch of gelatin over arranged fruit. Refrigerate until slightly set, but not firm. Pour remaining gelatin over the fruit. Refrigerate for several hours or until completely firm.
- To Serve: Dip knife in warm water and run around edge to loosen. Remove side of pan.
Makes 8 servings.
*May also use about 30 Maria cookies instead of vanilla wafers.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.