Cherry Berry Cheesecake Pie
Luscious seasonal fruits gloriously crown this easy cheesecake pie. Perfect for a picnic or party, the smooth and creamy cheesecake pie filling in cookie crumb crust will be a crowd pleaser.
1 1/2 cups finely ground gingersnap or shortbread cookie crumbs (about 30, 2-inch cookies)
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 1/2 packages (12 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
2 cups pitted fresh cherries and mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries and/or sliced strawberries)
3 tablespoons cherry, raspberry or strawberry jam, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- For Crust: Combine crumbs and sugar in pie plate. Stir in butter. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- For Filling: Place evaporated milk, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, flour and lemon peel in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Arrange cherries and berries on top of pie; drizzle with warmed jam.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: 1 (15-ounce) can pitted, dark sweet bing cherries, drained (about 1 cup), can be used instead of fresh cherries.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.