Chocolate Silk Cheese Pie
A luscious, silky smooth and light-texured chocolate filling makes this pie simply heavenly.
1 (9-inch) baked pastry
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large fresh eggs*, separated
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Prepare pastry shell; set aside.
- For Filling: In large bowl combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla until well blended. Add 2 egg yolks, beating until well blended, then add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Beat the 2 egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Next gently fold in the 1 cup whipped cream and toasted pecans. Pour into prepared pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.
Makes 8 servings.
*We suggest using pasteurized egg products for this recipe.