Chocolate Cheese Pie
This no-bake chocolate cream cheese pie is sure to be a hit.
2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
4 large eggs, separated, egg whites beaten with 1/2 cup granulated sugar till stiff peaks form
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar - divided use
1/2 cup milk, scalded
3 cups cream-style cottage cheese, sieved
Grated rind of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine chocolate cookie crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Cover the bottom and 2 inches of the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Soften gelatin in cold water.
- Mix together egg yolks, flour, 1/4 cup sugar and scalded milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until custard thickens.
- Add softened gelatin and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Add cottage cheese, lemon juice and extact, vanilla and whipped cream.
- Last, fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour into crust and chill until set.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.