Chocolate Grape Tartlets
Simple to make, low in fat and filled with the rich flavors of grapes and chocolate. These tartlets will make a stunning dessert for your next dinner party.
2 tablespoons butter
4 cups California seedless grapes
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 sheets phyllo dough
- Gently brown butter in small saucepan over low heat; watch carefully so it will not burn.
- Mix grapes, sugar, flour, cocoa, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Working quickly, cut sheets of phyllo dough into 4-inch squares. Place squares between waxed paper and cover with towel.
- Lightly grease bottom of each cup in a standard muffin tin with browned butter. Place 2 squares phyllo dough in each cup, brush lightly with browned butter, repeat with 2 more squares and brush with browned butter again. (There will be four layers of phyllo dough squares in each cup of the muffin tin.) Fill each with 1/4 cup grape mixture. Sprinkle any remaining cocoa mixture in bottom of bowl over grapes.
- Cut trimmings of phyllo dough into short narrow strips; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over filling in each muffin cup. Drizzle remaining butter over top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from muffin tins.
Makes 12 tartlets.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories 107; Protein 1.4 g; Fat 2.9 g; Calories from Fat 23%; Carbohydrate 20.3 g; Cholesterol 5.2 mg; Fiber 1.1 g; Sodium 67 mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.