Chocolate Lover's Chocolate Mousse Pie
This luscious chocolate mousse pie is similar to a chocolate French silk pie, but without the egg. A cocoa-infused graham cracker crust is "glazed" with melted chocolate, filled with a fluffy chocolate mousse and garnished with whipped cream and a gilding of chocolate drizzle. A chocolate lover's pie indeed!
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 3/4 cups (16 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
2 cups heavy whipping cream - divided use
2 teaspoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and granulated sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until all ingredients are moistened; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over bottom of hot crust; let stand for 10 minutes or until all morsels are shiny. Spread chocolate over bottom and up sides of crust. Cool to room temperature.
- Microwave 2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream, sugar and vanilla extract in chilled small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust; swirl top. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until firm.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for about 30 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate over pie; let stand a few minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.