Chocolate Tuxedo Pie with Pecan Crust
You'll not soon forget this pecan-graham cracker crust with a smooth cream cheese filling, dotted with bits of luscious chocolate and covered in a jacket of chocolate ganache.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped - divided use
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup (2/3 stick) butter, melted
8 ounces NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Baking Bar - divided use
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup pecans and brown sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until moistened; press onto bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pie plate on wire rack.
- Chop 4 ounces (1 bar) chocolate into small pieces. Beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream in large mixer bowl for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Fold in chopped chocolate. Spoon into cooled crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Break 4 ounces (1 bar) chocolate into small pieces into medium bowl. Microwave cream in 1-cup glass measure on HIGH (100%) power for 40 seconds or until boiling. Pour over chocolate; let sit for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour over pie and smooth evenly. Sprinkle remaining pecans near edge of pie. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.