Cranberry Apple Pie
This crumb-topped apple and cranberry pie is sure to become an annual autumn and wintertime favorite.
1 (9-inch) unbaked deep dish pie shell
5 to 6 large tart apples
1 (12-ounce) package cranberries
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 all-purpose flour
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Peel, core, and chop apples into chunks the size of cranberries. Chop cranberries. Combine apple pieces, cranberries in a large bowl.
- Mix together sugar and flour. Add to fruit mixture and toss to combine.
- Fill pie shell with fruit mixture and dot with 2 tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and flour with a pastry blender until crumbly. Top pie with crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and fruit filling is tender and bubbly. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 8 servings.